Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Big Papa & "The 6 Foot Baby"



I love this picture. This is from the "Family Trip 2008." My father took our famiy and my sister's family to Florida for a week. What a great time we had.
When I look at this picture of my daughter and my father, I think how blessed we are. She has wonderful grandparents that are young and healthy. I am lucky that they are so "involved" in our life. Both of my parents are still considered "young" at 63 years old. (Or at least I think so, especially since I am hitting the 40 something mark.)
I was thinking this weekend as my mother was sitting across from me at the dinner table that her mother passed away with cancer when I was 9 months old. I can't imagine raising my daughter without my mother and father being here.
My mother is at every event/school function my daughter has. She loves to be involved in all of it. I hope to be that grandparent someday... (not soon of course, but one day..)

Happy Wednesday to all
Amy

No comments: